Thursday, June 01, 2006

burner in training

i've been worried about my ability to rough it, even a little bit.

this morning i had a lovely walk home from gianma's in the sun and heat to find that i had NO RUNNING WATER in my place. the a/c was already on the rocks and my apartment has been hovering between 80 and 90 degrees since it got hot out (save for my darkened bedroom where i've set up several fans for my kitty).

i really really wanted/needed a shower. my mind started racing. do i go back to gianma's with all my crap and products that i use on a daily basis to get ready there? no, i'd be late. do i go try to shower at work? no, i don't want to show up to work all funky at all.

do i even GO to work? i can't go to work without bathing and brushing my teeth...i can't.

then it started to kick in. i had a bunch of wet wipes meant for cleaning oneself up. i took a pretty thorough "bath" with those and found myself to be pretty clean. after all, me and larry did go through that stint junior year where we barely bathed every other day. i was cleaner now than back then. then i found the makeup removing/facial cleansing cloths i use after gigs and washed my face.

there was half a cup of water left in the Brita pitcher. i microwaved it and used it to brush my teeth.

sahleel still had fresh water from the night before. i plunked a couple of ice cubes in his water bowl.

i'm ready to burn the man!!!

or not.

what this post proves is what a pansy i am. i'm not girly, i don't even wear makeup. but, i do use alot of products.

my main burning man concern is the port o potties. i really like clean and comfortable restrooms.

if i go...

i think this will be really good for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ebony said...

nah, just microwaved it till it wasn't refrigerator cold. it was still cool water.

and um...i remember a conversation that went a lil somn like this:

larry: so uh, if i showered the day before yesterday...and i haven't yet today...but i'm really kinda late for class...is it okay?

me: errrrrr. that's pushin' it, but...who's gonna be sniffin' ya in class anyway?

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home