Monday, June 04, 2007

i've never taken two naps in one day before, but it happened on saturday. after teaching my two classes in the morning my body was stiff and sore and i was walking like an old lady. things aren't the way they were when i was in my early 20's. who knew that running for only 18 minutes on a treadmill, dancing outside at a drumming circle (probably less than 20 minutes), creating choreography for an hour, and teaching 2 hours of class the next morning would make me walk with a limp? ...just thought i was in shape or something. i guess now i know what's up.

i got to have some yummy crostino supper with my leeeeeetle brother and his lady. i got them to eat grilled baby octopus for the first time :)



this was so fun. i had so much energy from that second nap that i danced and danced...well...we all danced and danced until we were soaked. like for real. like 'did i black out and it rained in here?' i spent a delirious 15 minutes trying to mobilize people to find a swimming pool, somewhere, anywhere and lets jump IN it!!! my last resort was trying to convince gianfilippo that we should drive the 20 minutes to my moms house and break into the community pool there, no dice.

adams morgan terrifies me after the clubs have closed and the patrons have spilled out onto the street. i have to stop myself from breaking into a sprint up 18th street.

we settled at Seba and Sara's. they're always really generous...busting out with beer, wine, cheese, meat etc. around 4 i roused robin and gianma, on either side of me on the couch, from their snoring and we walked on home...

2 Comments:

Blogger Yonas H. said...

Hey, where them poppin' clubs at?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Ebony said...

oh lord. she was like "dat where all the black clubs izzz?"

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home