Wednesday, December 13, 2006

happy birthday chi chi


last night was chiaki's birthday. yayayayayayayay! we had birthday dinner at Jaleo in Chinatown.

what i just realized about that picture is that you can see the silhouette of my big head to the left. i was doing the same pose next to chiaki and for this gig i wore my everyday hair.

i saw this art project the other day. a group of artists are getting old cigarette machines and turning them into Artomats where you can buy little pieces of art...instead of cigarettes. pretty cool.



up close.



this past sunday was the roma and lazio game. gianma is roma, gianfilippo and seba are lazio. roma was expected to win, since they are the stronger team right now.

last week i sent an email to seba and gf asking if they were ready...ready to be destroyed. i got all kinds of emails containing threats, video clips of lazio beating roma in like 800 BC, advice to learn the gay assed lazio theme song, etc. they even threated to throw my boyfriend and his roma scarf (the one he wears religiously) out the window.

unfortunately, lazio won, and gf had a field day making gm feel bad about it all day. for example, we went out bowling that night and gf's bowling name was "3-0" which was the final game score. poor monkey.

afterwards, me, diana, gf and gm had dinner at zaytinya, which was so yummy. me and gianma headed out to the h street corridor area and quickly checked out the Palace of Wonders. then we headed to dragonfly for the underground soul solution featuring Sam the Man Burns.

this was my first time returning to this party since it left red.

at first i was too tired to go. as soon as i got there everything changed. i heard the music, saw sam on the decks, saw the people dancing, saw so many smiling faces and kissed the cheeks of so many beautiful friends and i said to myself that i was back where i belonged on a sunday night as i stuffed my coat into a corner and wasted no time doing what i do. i wonder how i stayed away for so long.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh THANK YOU Eby! I was so glad I got to spend my birthday with you. : ) And you know, I looked at the card again yesterday and only then realized you WROTE something on the card -- I was too distraced by the "dramatic picture" I didn't see it the first time. It was so sweet. I am very lucky to have you as my friend. : ) : ) : )

8:40 AM  
Blogger Yonas H. said...

That Art-O-Mat is cool as hell. Where can I find that thang?

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home